The American-based company delivers extremely exciting shows to its users via a smart remote system that is called Roku, which makes it easy to stream live shows, web series, etc, free of cost on your TV. The company offers free, live, and premium TV, including shows, news, movies, sports, and Roku Tv free channels. The user can browse 300 plus free TV streaming channels as well as the antenna TV channels simultaneously in one platform; moreover, you can enjoy NetFlix and Hulu.
But sometimes, a small problem with your Roku can ruin your day, and the problem can be the Roku needs to be connected to the TV. In that case, you need to check the video cable that should be properly inserted into the backside of the Roku player and the HDMI or composite connector on the TV. If you have the Roku streaming stick, check whether it is completely connected to the HDMI connector.
Sometimes you have selected the wrong input (source) on your TV, or you can check for the button on your TV remote control for the input source, AUX, video, TV/video, or something similar.
What Do I Do If My Roku Stops Working or Connecting?
- First, you should remove the batteries: open a battery area on your Roku remote and remove the batteries.
- You can also restart your Roku device by removing the power lead from the Roku device and waiting for five seconds before reconnecting it.
- If you have new batteries, insert them; otherwise, you can reinsert them into your Roku remote.
- You can also apply a factory reset in which the Roku will return to its initial state but remove all the settings, preferences, and data from the device.
- The Roku IR remote works in a particular alignment, so it will be better if there is nothing in between the remote line of sight to have problem-free streaming.
- If you face a delay with the Roku Enhanced remote, you need to reset or repair it with the device.
How Do I Reset my Roku that won't Connect?
You can reset your Roku that won't connect via the method mentioned below, which will help you complete your task without hassle.
- You need to press the Home tab on the Roku remote.
- Then scroll down the page and select the settings option.
- After that, tap on the Advanced system settings.
- Now you can choose Network connection reset and tap on the reset connection.
Finally, your network reset has been done; you can now restart your device and go to the settings menu and set your wireless network again.
Helpful Link: How Do I Talk To Someone At Roku?
How to Update Roku Software?
You can update the software if there is trouble initiating the Roku tv. For that, you go through the below-discussed procedure of updating.
- You can visit the official site of Roku.
- Then move to the home screen on the Remote.
- After that, you can scroll to the settings option and click on it.
- Now select the system tab, and the page will display.
- Finally, tap on the system update.
You can dial Roku customer service via the toll-free number 408-556-9391, which is available 24 hours and seven days.
Why is my Roku Not Connecting to the Internet?
Roku is the most accessible streaming platform to provide the best entertainment at your home. Many users love to stream on Roku, but sometimes they face technical errors. Your Roku is stopped connecting to the Internet due to varied reasons. Anything less than the Internet can stop you from accessing Roku and keep you away from streaming. If your Roku is not connecting to the Internet, this may happen because of the poor connectivity of the WIFI. For this, you need to check your network connection and fix the problem.
Why is my Roku Not Finding my WiFi?
When your Roku is not finding the wifi, you need to check the network signal of your wifi and router. You need to reset the wifi and try connecting to the Roku again. With this, you will easily fix the problem and start streaming again on Roku.
What to Do When Roku Is not Connecting?
Sometimes, you cannot stream on Roku and stop the services due to a technical glitch. When you are not connecting to the Roku, you can do the below troubleshooting steps.
Check the Internet Connection:
You need to ensure that your wifi has an internet connection and is connected to Roku. For this, you can follow the below simple steps:
- At the Roku home screen, you can scroll down to the settings page.
- You can press right to get the network and again for the network page.
- If you do not see the about page for the connection, you are not connected to the Internet.
- At there, you can tap on the check connection option.
- Once you tap on the ok button, you will solve the issue.
Reset your WiFi and Modem:
If your problem is not solved, you need to restart your wifi and modem to connect to the Roku. For this, you need to press and hold the router for 10 seconds. Once you release the button, your router will be restarted immediately, and you can connect to the wifi accordingly. Your router will quickly start working, and you can stream that on your home.
Try to move the Roku to the Router and Modem:
Sometimes the weak signal can be the issue due to which you cannot connect the Roku to the wifi. For this, you must move the Roku physically closer to the router and modem. This will increase the network signal, and you can stream the services efficiently.
Connect the Ethernet Cable:
You cannot connect the ethernet cable to the Roku stick, but physically, you can use the cable to plug the compatible Roku player into the Internet. With this, you will always get a reliable connection to access the Roku in your home.
How do I Reset my Roku to Connect to the Internet?
When you cannot connect to the Internet, you can reset your Roku through the given steps:
- Initially, you must open the home page of Roku.
- You need to scroll to the settings and select the advanced system settings.
- At there, you can choose the network connection reset.
- After this, select the reset connection button, and your Roku will be reset immediately.
Once your Roku is reset, you can try connecting to the WiFi again.