HP Laserjet M1005 Scanner Error 12
This article deals with situations when the HP LaserJet M1005 may display on the printer scanner error 12.
If Scanner Error 12 is displayed by the printer's control panel, the error cannot be rectified by switching the printer on or off. The problem also cannot be resolved by resetting the printer's default factory arrangement. Therefore follow the HP Laserjet M1005 Scanner Error 12 diagnostic process.
Cause of HP Laserjet M1005 Scanner Error 12
It might be due to a situation that the latest firmware has not been installed on the printer, resulting in a lag performance of the computer.
Solutions Of HP Laserjet M1005 Scanner Error 12
Printing the Settings Page
- Users must initially press the Menu or Enter button located on the Control Panel to access the menus on the printer physically.
- Subsequently, they must go to the Report menu using the arrow buttons and then press Menu or Enter again.
- Then with the help of the arrow buttons, they need to go to the Config report item and once again press Menu or Enter.
- Alternatively, the users can take the help of the following steps to solve the error:
- First, users must lift the scanner lid and loosen all the screws on the panel above.
- Next, the menu sticker of the control panel must be removed, and the screw underneath it must be taken out as well.
- Now, the users must open the front display panel with the help of a screwdriver. When the display panel is loosened and lifted, a strip is found attached to it. Users must gently pull at both sides of the strip to separate the display panel from it.
- Once it is done, the top cover must be pulled up to open the glass enclosure. Users can now see that the movable part of the scanner is at the extreme left corner. When this is done, the display panel must be reinserted to the strip and the printer turned on.
Therefore, if you are thinking How to fix HP M1005 Scanner Error 12, then kindly follow the steps mentioned above.
Resetting the HP M1005 Scanner Error 12
On HP printers, a "cold reset" causes the printer to return to its factory default settings, which among other things, can cause it to try and bring back its configuration information from a BOOTP server. A cold reset is needed if the printer's setting has been corrupted or changed using the front panel.
There are 3 primary procedures:
- Turn the printer off.
- While pressing down the "Go" or "Online" button, turn the printer on.
- Release the button when the printer display prompts "Cold Reset" or "Resetting."
- Turn on the printer.
- Watch the control panel.
- When the memory starts counting, press and hold the green Select button. Continue to hold the Select button until all three Control Panel LED's are illuminated.
- Release the Select button.
- The control panel displays 'SELECT LANGUAGE'.
- Press the Down Arrow button until the control panel displays 'COLD RESET'.
- Press Select. The printer performs a cold reset and then continues its power-on sequence, where finally it has been reset.
Therefore, if you are thinking How do I reset my HP M1005 scanner, then just follow the steps mentioned above.