A Brief Guide On Resetting Administrator Password On HP Laptop Windows 10
Have you forgotten the admin password of your Windows 10 HP laptop? Well, worry not as you can easily reset without any hassle. In this guide you’ll be able to learn 2 simple methods to unlock your HP Windows 10 laptop. Hence, read further.
How To Reset Administrator Password On HP Laptop Windows 10: Methods
Method 1: Via HP Recovery Manager
In the event, if you do not wish to recover your old data, or want to avoid more time while you Unlock HP Laptop Forgot Password Windows 10, then you can put it back to Factory Settings. Here’s how.
- Turn-on/restart your HP Windows 10 laptop, then keep pressing the F11 key until you see the "Choose an option" screen.
- Click Troubleshoot, then select Recovery Manager until you are in the "HP Recovery Manager" mode.
- Now, select "System Recovery" under the "Help" or "I need immediate help" section, and then select "Back up your files first (recommended)" or the "Recover without backing up your files" option.
- Click "Next", and hereafter, follow the on-screen steps to complete the factory reset process.
So, if you have Forgot HP Laptop Administrator password, then you can use the aforementioned steps to reset it. However, it’ll wipe all your device’s data & created files from all the disk partitions, and bring back to its original state.
Method 2: Via password reset
With this method on How to reset administrator password on hp laptop windows 10, you’ll be able to unlock your HP Windows 10 laptop securely without losing any data. Here’s how.
Step 1: Create A Password Reset Disk
To do this, you can download and install the Windows Password Refixer tool on another computer. Hereafter launch the tool, then navigate through the onscreen instructions to create a password rest disk on a removable storage device (USB device, CD/DVD flash drive, etc.).
Step 2: Boot The Password Reset Disk
The next step to Unlock HP Laptop Forgot Password Windows 10 is to create a locked HP Windows 10 laptop through the password reset disk. Here’s how.
- Turn-off the HP laptop, then plugin the USB flash drive into the USB port on your laptop, and then turn it on.
- Now, start pressing the Esc key on your keyboard until you see the Startup Menu, then press the F10 to enter into BIOS Setup, and then navigate to the System Configuration.
- Go to the Boot Options, then enable the Legacy Support, and then select USB Hard Disk under UEFI Boot Order.
- Move the USB Hard Disk option to the top using the F5/F6 key, and then select USB Hard Disk from the Legacy Boot Order menu and then also move it to the top.
- Eventually, press the F10 key for saving all the changes, then exit the BIOS Setup, and then reboot your device.
- After the reboot, press the F9 key for entering in the Boot Menu, then select the USB Hard Disk and press Enter.to boot your HP laptop from that USB drive.
Step 3: Resetting The Windows 10 Password And Unlocking HP Laptop
Now that you have correctly made your locked HP laptop boot via using the password reset disk, the Windows Password Refixer tool will work properly. The tool will display the Windows 10 OS running on your HP device along with the lists all existing user accounts. Here’s how to use it reset the Forgot HP Laptop Administrator password.
- At first, you’ll need to select the Windows 10 OS and then user account for which you want to reset password. Then, hit the Reset Password button, and then follow the onscreen prompts to reset password.
- After the password is reset, your HP Windows 10 laptop will be finally unlocked. Thereafter, reboot your laptop by clicking on the Reboot button, and unplug the USB disk from your laptop.
- Finally, this time your HP laptop will reboot as usual from the system’s installation drive, and then you can now login to your user account successfully.
Moreover, if you still wish to know about How to reset administrator password on hp laptop windows 10, then feel free to get in touch with the experts at HP technical support.