The Virgin WiFi internet issue is one of the prominent problems faced by the people. This issue also occurs because the usage of the internet has increased a lot in the past few years. We can do many things to resolve the issue, including a restart, a factory reset, clearing Cache, a driver update on our device, and tweaking the WiFi settings on the Hub.
- Restart your device- If your WiFi is not working and there is no service outage in your area, you should try restarting your device and then connecting it to the WiFi to see if that works. This technique is not guaranteed to be worked all the time, but this will allow your device to refresh its operating system and recognize your network connection.
- Turn off your Antivirus software- There is a possibility of your antivirus blocking your network connection. So you should try switching it off and then reconnect to the Virgin WiFi connection to see if it works. Hopefully, this technique will work in your favor.
- Reset the Router setting- You can also try and rest all your Router setting back to their default option. This will erase all your data, like your WiFi password and the guest networks.
Is there a problem with Virgin Media WiFi in my area?
There is no issue with the Virgin WiFi in your area; however, there can be many reasons behind your WiFi not working. For instance, the issue related to the internet service provider here is not being able to give you the proper service, or maybe your hardware/ firmware is outdated, the Possibility of your antivirus software blocking internet access, the network driver is outdated, or DNS cache glitches. The issues can be fixed by taking the measure mentioned to you in this article.
Why is my Virgin WiFi Saying no Internet Connection?
There can be many reasons for facing an issue with your internet where your WiFi is connected but showing no internet.
- Outdated Router- When the Router is outdated, it is possible that its wireless connection mode doesn't complement the current wireless standards. There is always a new version that comes up when it comes to electronic devices, and then the old version becomes outdated and comes to no use after a while.
- DNS Cache Glitches- Apart from the outdated Router, the DNS Cache also interferes with the internet connection in your device. This DNS cache provides you with the digital log of all the past websites you have visited while using this internet connection. This sometimes results in technical issues and glitches in your system as well.
- Service Outages- There can be an issue with the Virgin media that results in a service outage in your area. This problem can't be fixed with any troubleshooter. In this situation, all you can do is wait for Virgin Media to fix the issue.
- Antivirus Software- Sometimes, the device's antivirus software locks the device's internet connection, and you have to turn off the Antivirus and see whether your internet connection works or not.
How Do I Reset my Virgin Internet?
There are a few simple steps you need to follow to reset your Virgin Internet. This process will take hardly 5 minutes for the internet to connect again. You will know that the internet has started working again when you see the basic light on the Hub turned on again.
- Login to your Router with the help of your device.
- And then, go to the admin panel and look for the option to start and reset.
- After locating the restart and reset option, click on it to reset your Virgin internet settings.
- It will take a few minutes for the Router to reset and start working again.
How Do I Reboot my Virgin Media WiFi Box?
After trying all the possible troubleshooters, the issue with your WiFi connection is still not solved yet. In that case, you have to try and reboot or restart the Virgin Media WiFi box.
The process of rebooting the Virgin Media Hub
- Please switch off the wall socket to the Hub and wait 10 seconds before turning it back on.
- After switching it on again, you have to wait for 5 to 10 minutes for the Hub to get correctly rebooted.
- When the white power light at the front of the box is lit again, the Media hub is ready to work again.
The procedure of factory reset the Virgin Media Hub
- Switch at the wall socket on the back of the Hub.
- Press the reset button on the back of the base for 10 seconds.
- Give the Hub a few minutes to reboot.
- The Hub will be ready to use again when the white power light turns on.
- If none of the ways work, you can always get in touch with the customer care executive of the Virgin Media Hub.
Virgin WiFi Not Connecting To Devices
The internet is an essential part of our daily lives, and when you can't access the internet, it becomes the most frustrating thing. And we often face this issue; in fact, the Virgin Wifi users often plan about this particular issue. The causes of this issue can be anything like service outages, updated hardware or firmware, antivirus software blocking internet access, outdated hardware, antivirus software blocking internet access, DNS Cache glitches, and much more.
These issues can generally occur in any of your devices, be it any android device, iPhone, or laptop. Let's list out the reason behind the Virgin wifi not working.
Why is my virgin Wi-Fi not connecting to my phone?
- Service Outages
Sometimes there is a problem in Virgin Media, which results in a service outage, and there's nothing that can be done to fix this issue from your end. So, if the Virgin WiFi is not connecting to your iPhone, all you can do is check after the time and contact your wifi service provider to ask when the issue will be resolved. You can also get into the Virgin Media Connect app on your iPhone and locate the reboot option. The router will reboot, and there will be an expected 3 to 5 minutes delay before the internet starts working again.
- Antivirus Software
Sometimes the antivirus software in the device stops the working of the device's internet connection. So, you need to stop your antivirus software and then reconnect with your wifi and check whether it's working.
- Outdated Router
We live in an era of technology that keeps improving day by day, and the same happens with the wifi router. After a passage of time, the router and the features get updated, and if you have an old version of the router, then it's possible that the feature of the device needed for the internet connection will not match with your router.
How To Fix Virgin Media Internet Not Working Issue
There are many ways to solve the issue with your wifi and stop it from working. All you need to do is follow the tips for the most reliable solution and start working on your internet again.
- Restart your device- If there is no service outage in your area, you should restart your device and the service router. Your device can be anything, iPhone, iPad, Android phone, android tablet, or your basic computer setup or laptop. This simple fix sometimes erases all the temporary bugs within the device, and there is a possibility of your internet device start working again. If you reboot your router, that will take some time before starting working again.
- Upgrade your Router- If there is an update in your device after your internet service gets interrupted, you need to update your router. These are the following ways you need to follow to update your router in android or iOS.
- Visit the system information from the Apple menu and select your network.
- Please select the option of wifi in front he the dropdown menu and check your device's wireless standards.
- And update your wireless router model accordingly.
- Go to the start menu and select the network adapter from the Device Manager.
- Check the wireless standard of your device and upgrade your wireless router model accordingly.
- Read out the above-given article to know why your Virgin WiFi not connecting to devices and the procedure and methods to fix it.