A Comprehensive Guide to Turn Off Automatic Downloading On Google Play
Automatic app downloads can be very annoying. It can consume your mobile data and space that can be used to store important files. To fix this issue, you need to turn off the automatic download setting. If you don’t know how to turn off the automatic downloads, then you are at the right place. Here you will get to know how you can turn off the automatic downloads on Google Play.
Google Play is one of the most popular services by Google. It allows the users to download their favorite applications on their devices conveniently. It offers many amazing paid and non-paid applications for different devices. It is well-liked for its user-friendly interface and easy downloading process. The users can get their preferred applications by just installing them from Google Play. But sometimes, it automatically installs new applications and also updates the existing application, These unnecessary downloads and updates can consume a lot of data and space of the user’s device. If you are also facing the Google play keeps downloading issue, then you don’t have to worry about it. You can fix it on your own by changing some settings of Google Play. To know how you can fix this issue, you may read further.
How do I stop Google Play from automatically downloading?
Disabling the automatic download of applications of the Play Store is an easy task. To disable the automatic download feature on your Android device, you can follow the steps given below:
- First, you need to go to the Google Play Store application using your Android device.
- On the top-left corner of the homepage, you will find three dots icon. You need to tap on the given icon.
- Now you need to select the Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- Now you need to navigate and tap on the Auto-update option, in the Settings section.
- In the Auto-update, you need to tap on ‘ Do not auto-update apps’ to disable the auto-download feature.
You can also allow updates and downloads o your device when it is connected to the WiFi. For this, you just need to tap on the ‘ Auto-update when connected to WiFi’ option.
How do I stop Google Play from Automatically Downloading on PC?
To disable the auto-update feature on your PC, you can follow the steps given below:
- You first need to go to the Play Store using your PC.
- Now you need to Swipe the screen from the right edge to get the Charms Bar.
- Now you need to click on the Setting option.
- In the Settings section, you need to click on App Updates.
- Now change the automatic update setting to NO by clicking on the button given below Automatically Update My Apps option.
If you still have this query how do I stop Google Play from automatically downloading? Then you can chat with Google Play support team to speak to someone regarding your query. You can contact the support team via call, email, or live chat for assistance on your query related to auto-download.