How can you change your iCloud ID and Password?
iCloud is a cloud computing and file syncing cloud storage service that stores your private data to your iCloud backup. iCloud provides you extra storage in which you can back up your data and save your iPhone memory. Apple makes sure to keep this data securely in your iCloud storage space. Even when you switch your device, you can access this data on your new device.
But what if you forget your iCloud ID or password? How can you reset them? If you too have 'How to change your iCloud password on an iPhone and Mac' query, do not worry. In this article, you will learn about the account recovery and account resetting methods. But before that, let's see some of the advantages you can have with iCloud services.
How To Change your iCloud ID and Password?
How do I change my iCloud ID and password? If this question also arises in your mind, you are not alone. The main confusion arises between Apple ID and iCloud ID. Well, to clear the confusion, an Apple ID and iCloud ID are the same. In fact, users generally log in to their iCloud accounts through their Apple ID. Here you can learn some simple steps to reset your iCloud ID (or Apple ID) and password.
How to reset iCloud ID password on iPhones or iPads
- Go to the Settings app on your device.
- Tap on your name. Select the Password and Security option.
- Now, Click on the Change Password option.
- In case you have enabled a passcode on your device, you need to enter it to change the credentials.
- Lastly, follow the step-by-step instructions to reset your password.
How to reset the iCloud ID password on MacBook?
- Open and Select the Apple menu.
- Head to the System Preferences.
- Now, click on your Apple ID.
- Select the Password and Security option.
- Now, on the login page, click on the Forget Apple ID or Password option.
- You have to follow the onscreen instructions to reset and update your iCloud Id password. At last, click on the Change Password option.
Before you can change the iCloud ID password on your MacBook, you need to enter the password to unlock your MacBook.
Therefore, here is the answer to your How do I change my iCloud ID and password query. Now, scroll ahead to know how to change your Apple ID to some different email address.
How to change your Apple ID?
To change your Apple ID or iCloud ID to some other email address, you need to follow the simple steps given below:
- Visit the Apple Inc. website and navigate the Apple ID page.
- Log in to your Apple account.
- Now, find the Account section and select the Edit option.
- Next, select the Change Apple ID option.
- To change the email address connected to your Apple ID, enter a new email address.
- Click on the Continue button.
With these steps, you can easily change your Apple ID (or iCloud ID) to some other different email address. With these simple methods, you can easily solve the How to change your iCloud password on an iPhone and MacBook issue. If you can not change your iCloud ID or password with these methods, contact Apple customer service center. You can call them on their helpline number or get online support on the website.
How to Bypass iCloud Password without Security Question?
- Go to the account recovery page of Apple ID
- Click on Forgot Apple ID or Password.
- Enter the register mobile phone number
- You will receive a verification code on mobile no
- Enter the Code on give space and sign-in iCloud
In case user can't receieved verification code on mobile phone so selection another option and reset iCloud password through intial email id.
- Enter the registered email id on given space
- Send verification on mail id
- Open your Apple mail id and check your mail for a verification code
- Enter the code on give space and sign-in iCloud.
Benefits of iCloud Services
Apple's iCloud comes with a huge pile of benefits. From storage to security features, everything makes it a reliable option to choose. Here are some of the interesting features you can get with iCloud.
- 5 GB of free storage apart from the device's internal memory
- Data security and advanced privacy features
- Lost iPhone finder - 'Find my iPhone'
- Family sharing and parental permission tools
- Contact, messages, and email synchronization
- Real-time back up daily
- Files and docs sharing features
- App sharing across different devices