Ways To Fix Outlook not Receiving Emails issue
The outlook is one of the first webmail services of Microsoft in the world. Outlook email allows users to receive an email, send messages and much more. However, sometimes we are unable to receive the new emails and this causes us a lot of problems. If you are facing this issue and want to know how to fix outlook not receiving emails then the ways are provided below.
The most common reason for outlook to not get new emails can be a poor internet connection. Make sure you are not disconnected or working offline. Also, check if your internet is working properly. Try to load a few pages and if they do not load then the issue can be in your internet. You can restart the internet or contact your internet provider.
Junk mail filter
Another reason can be that the junk mail filter level is very high. Often because of a high level, it blocks new email from appearing. Therefore you need to check it. To do so:
- Open outlook
- Go to the Home screen.
- Now select the junk email option.
- A drop-down menu will open.
- Now open junk email options from there.
- Now a message will show telling the level of filtering messages.
- Select a level that is appropriate ad does not let the emails go to the junk section.
- Select low and check.
- Apply the changes.
- Now click ok.
Another reason why Outlook is not receiving new emails can be that the server setting is incorrect. You can check the setting and change it as well. This can be done like this:
- Open your outlook email.
- Go to Account settings
- Select POP from there.
- Double click on your email address.
- Then select more setting option.
- Click on advanced settings.
- Now check the details.
Incoming server name – imap-mail.outlook.com Port number – 993 or 995
Outgoing server name – smtp-mail.outlook.comPort number – 587 or 465 Select TLS in encrypted connection column. Now select ok and save the changes. Check if new messages are appearing. Other Tab The Outlook email inbox is divided into two tabs - Focused and Other. The messages that require focus of user are sent to focused tab and the rest in other. So sometimes the email can be sent to other tabs. You check if the emails are appearing there. Email rules Another reason for Why Outlook not receiving emails can be that the email rules are creating issues. The email rules can divert emails. So you need to check your email rules like this:
- Go to the Settings option.
- Click View Full Settings.
- Select Mail.
- Now select Rules
- If you see any rule preventing emails then select it.
- Click Edit.
- Change its action or delete it
- Save your changes.
If the issue Outlook not receiving emails still persists then you can contact the service centre of Microsoft and take help o the executives to solve this issue.
Is Outlook not sending email? Learn everything is here
When you see that your Outlook account is not sending emails, you need to make some changes in the settings to find out the immediate solution. It could be something a bit more complicated when you unable to find out the solution. It would be necessary if you walk through common troubleshooting steps that might be helpful for you to resolve Outlook problems and especially when Outlook is not sending an email. This is the article for all those users who are facing trouble while sending or receiving emails and they are not able to manage their account simply. If you are really facing this kind of trouble, there might be many reasons that are pretty necessary to know to resolve the problem soon. Therefore to narrow the cause of the Outbox stuck emails and in order to fix this kind of trouble, you are required to send and receive email’s operation that comes using the settings. In order to fix the problem, you need to first check out the internet connectivity is going on good or not. If you are having internet service, you can have basic guidance of the settings that you can check simply. Apart from that, you can check out the email address and password when you go for the settings and then make sure you are able to attach the file and sending it to the clients. But if you are unable to find the details, you need to start the troubleshooting task that is on at 24 by 7.
Following are the ways guiding you when Outlook is not sending and receiving emails:
- First of all, visit the Outlook email account page and click on the sign-in button and move to the next to access.
- Click on the settings tab if you have tried several times to send emails and also unable to receive.
- Now you have to click on the IMAP mail server and then enter the correct email address and password.
- You can open the folder to resend and for that, you have click on the send button but if you are unable to access click on the Next button.
- You can double click on the send message after the settings and then move to the next.
- If you success in sending emails, you must click on the receive emails and enter the email address and make settings for the SMTP mail server.
- You can see the email in the sent box if your email is sent and then you must click on the save change button at the end of the task.
If you require further help and information with regards to email service, you are always free to contact our tech support team. Techies are here to provide you with help and solution in many ways easily.
Powered by Froala Editor