Gmail App Not Receiving Emails on Android Or iPhone ( iOS )
With a huge user base consisting of 1.5 billion users, Gmail stands among the top email services. Among them, many users prefer using Gmail on their Android/iPhone devices. This not only makes Gmail use with a great facility but makes the Gmail operate by the fingertips. However, there are instances when the Gmail app users face trouble in receiving emails. This happens because of various technical reasons but the bigger question is do you want to know how can you fix this issue? Then, you can Fix Gmail Not Receiving Emails in Android/iPhone by employing various troubleshooting methods.
How to resolve the Gmail Not Receiving Emails issue on Android?
You can easily fix the issue of Gmail is unable to receive the email by making use of the methods that are discussed below:
Review the Internet Connection
Whenever you are using Gmail App on Android, then the most important element is Internet Connection. This ensures that all the Gmail features are working flawlessly especially the email receiving on its app. You can employ these steps to review the internet on your Android device:
- In the first place, launch the Settings app on Android.
- Select the network settings option to open it.
- Turn on the cellular data if it is turned off.
- However, if it is on and you are still facing the issue, then you should use a Wi-Fi network.
Update the Gmail Android App
The problem of Gmail App not Receiving Emails can also be resolved by updating the app and using its latest version. The update resolves most of the errors that were created due to the obsolete version of Gmail software on Android. Here, you are required to follow these measures:
- In the first place, launch the Android device.
- Now, tap on the Play Store option for opening it.
- Search for the Gmail app and go to its primary page.
- Tap on the Update button and finish the update process.
Restart the Android Device
Sometimes the problem does not lie in the software and it is the Android hardware that is creating trouble in receiving emails. Certain issues can be created if the Android device is not provided with the reset it needs by restarting. To Fix Gmail Not Receiving Emails in Android, perform the following actions:
- First thing first, take your android device.
- Press the power button of Android and hold it.
- When the turn-off button appears on the screen.
- Tap on it, now, wait for a few minutes and turn the android device on.
Clear Cache Data
The Gmail app makes the local copy for the reference whenever you use it. This data is usually harmless, however, there are instances when this data creates the problem in the flawless working of the Gmail app. In this scenario, you can fix the Gmail App Not Receiving Emails with these steps:
- First, open the Settings on your Android app.
- Select the App or App Manager option from the list.
- Open the Gmail section.
- Here, you need to tap on the Clear Cache option.
Increase Gmail Storage
You can only use the 15 GB of free storage provided by Google including the Gmail. Sometimes, the users surpass that limit and generally are not able to receive any further emails. In such a case, you should use the following steps:
- First, launch the Gmail app on your Android mobile or tablet.
- You should select the useless emails in your Gmail app.
- Now, you need to remove them by transferring them to the bin.
- However, you can also purchase the additional storage space to resolve the issue.
Re Login into the Gmail Account
You can also use the process of logging out and logging into your Gmail account from the Android device. This move helps you to augment the performance of the Gmail app on your Android device. You can achieve your goal by employing the following steps:
- Here, you are first required to select the Gmail app to launch it.
- Select your profile picture by tapping on it.
- Choose the Google Account and remove your account.
- Lastly, you need to re-enter your account with the valid credentials.
You can also Fix Gmail Not Receiving Emails in Android by getting in touch with the Gmail support team and obtain the relevant additional details.
Resolved: How Can One Fix Gmail Failing To Receive Email on iPhone
Did you miss out on a work-related mail as you failed to find it anywhere on your Gmail app installed on your iPhone? Or you receive the account reset details, but you failed to find the email in your inbox and the spam folder? Then, there are chances that you might be facing an internet connectivity problem or issue with the Gmail app installed on the iPhone.
So, for the users who are encountering Gmail not receiving emails iPhone, here in this article, they will be offered some of the solutions to resolve this problem in time and never miss out on the important emails.
Resolving Gmail not receiving email on iPhone
Well, multiple reasons can lead to this problem, but one can easily overcome this issue by using some of the quick solutions discussed below or contacting the support for required help.
1) Check internet connectivity
For the users who are wondering How to fix Gmail Not Receiving Emails on iPhone, there are chances that they might be experiencing an internet connection problem with the device. In such situations, the user can reboot the router and fix the problem.
Alternatively, the user can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the Settings app and activate airplane mode.
- After that, wait for a while and disable it and check if Gmail is working properly.
2) Try re-enabling the Gmail account
Google allows users to refresh the account remotely from the browser. So, this simple hack helps in fixing the technical glitch and helps in resolving Gmail not receiving emails iPhone problem. So, fix this issue, the user needs to access the account using a browser on the iPhone and follow the steps:
- Begin the process by visiting Google unlock captcha page.
- Further, click on the continue button to allow access to the Google account page.
- Once the account is enabled, the user can access the Gmail app to check for mails.
3) Verify the storage space for the Google account
Google offers every user 15 GB of storage space that is shared across various Google services including, Gmail. The users who have exceeded the limit might face email not receiving issues. So, it is suggested the users manage the space accordingly to fix this problem.
4) Activate background app refresh
For the users who have disabled background app refresh, they are suggested to enable the same by using the steps provided below:
- Open the Settings menu on the iPhone and scroll to the bottom, and tap on Gmail.
- Further, the user can enable the background app refresh.
5) Sign-out of the Gmail app
Another way to resolve Gmail not receiving emails iPhone issue is by following the steps provided below that include:
- Open the Gmail app on your iPhone and tap on the profile icon.
- Now, scroll to the manage accounts option and tap on the same.
- The users who have multiple accounts can opt to remove the account from the device.
- Further, to re-add the account, the user can tap on the profile icon and tap on the add account option.
- And then, the users can follow the steps displayed on the screen.
Alternatively, the user can temporarily disable the Google account by using the steps discussed below:
- Open the Gmail app manage section, and toggle off the Gmail account causing the problem.
- After that, enable the Gmail account and check if the issue is fixed or not.
6) Switch the active Google accounts
For those wondering, what are other ways on How to fix Gmail Not Receiving Emails on iPhone, they can try switching the Gmail accounts by tapping on the profile icon and check if they can receive emails in time.
7) Check for other reasons
Besides, another reason for this issue can be on the part of the sender. Thus, the user needs to check whether the user has entered the correct email id while accessing the account or they have not enabled the email filters to fix this issue in time.
Thus, these are the few solutions on How to fix Gmail Not Receiving Emails on iPhone problem. However, if the user fails to fix this problem, they can contact Google support to seek help from the expert, or one can even visit the support page to find the required solutions to resolve this problem in time.