Netflix is an American media services provider founded in 1997 it serves online streaming and covers a variety of TV shows, documentaries, movies. But in order to enjoy these, you have to buy a paid membership. Unfortunately, this paid service has its subscribers tempting target for hackers who can enjoy free streaming
Many times hackers will just change the password and nothing else to get undetected. But most of the hackers will change e-mail as well so as to take control of everything. The good news is there are various ways to deal with hackers.
Hackers take help of various methods to get control of the Netflix account. They may use the same credentials to fly under the radar and remain undetected for as long as possible. But there might be chances that hackers may change e-mail and password resulting in locking the owner’s account and the owner would not be able to access the account.
The easiest way to know if someone is using your account is to verify the recently watched tab. If you find a TV show or movies that you didn’t watch recently chances are someone else is using your account. Quick fix this is to change the password and sign out of all the devices so as to prevent the damage and further hacking.
How To Know if Netflix Account Hacked?
- First log-in into Netflix account and click on the account
- Select “viewing activity” to check all the actions that took place on your account. There is a fair amount of chances that hacker may delete recent activities
- To check locations where account was logged in click on “Recent device activity streaming”.
How to fix the Netflix account hacked?
If you found any unknown login it means your account is being used by another person. You go back to setting and sign out of all devices. It will help to sign out of all devices that include hacker's accounts as well.
- Now there is time to change password
- The first step is to log in your Netflix account
- Click on the “More” button in the bottom right corner
- Select “app setting” scroll down and there you will notice your e-mail address in the “Action” section.
- Tap and you will be able to reset the password.
On the contrary, if you get an email that you have made changes to your Netflix account email and password; things are a little more complicated than expected. often Netflix account hacked and email is changed. The result would be that you will be locked out of your own account. In this case, there is no chance of recovering the account back as it becomes very hard to prove that you owned that account and the only solution is to make a new account. But you can call customer support service to seek help.
Update Your Netflix Phone Number
- Login to the Netflix site to update your registered mobile phone
- Tap on Netflix Account Page
- There is option available to change mobile number
- If any user unable to login page please visit Sign-in help page or dial help number 1-855-791-4041 for update phone number.
How do I change my payment method on Netflix?
You need to change your payment method on Netflix, it will be help to safe your Netflix account from hacker or suspicious activity, so let follow the step to change Netflix payment method -
Open the Netflix App
Tap ☰ button in the upper left corner
Click on Account option avail near of the menu
Then Scroll down and Stop the Payment Method info
Click the Payment Method
Enter the Information for Your Payment
Then Scroll-down and click for update payment method ( Via Credit-Card or Debit Card / PayPal )
Change the Payment method and Click Update button and save information
How to stop automatic monthly payment on Netflix
You need to stop automatic payment on Netflix account, hacker also use this method to hack Netflix account so follow the step to stop automatic payment -
Login you Netflix Account on you Android Device
Tap on Netflix Account Page
Tab Cancel Membership
Then Tab on Finish Cancellation and Confirm It.
How To Cancel Your Netflix Subscription?
For Cancel Netflix Subscription Via the Website:
- Go To the Netflix Cancellation Page
- Click Cancel Streaming Plan
For Cancel Netflix Subscription on Mobile Phone:
- Open the Netflix App, Go To the Menu option
- Click on Setting Option and Tap on Account Setting
- Scroll Down and Tap on Cancel Membership, Then Click on Finish Cancellation on the Netflix and Confirm it.
Securing is one of the best possible ways to fight to hack. You should create a password that should include numbers, capital, lowercase letters, and a few symbols. Also setting up two-way authentication would be even better to fight Netflix account hacked problem.