3 Simple Ways to Change your Bitlocker Pin or Password
Protecting your Bitlocker password is always important in order to prevent any sort of hacking or harm. The best way to provide the layer of protection to your Bitlocker is to change its password on a regular basis or once in a month. There are multiple easy options available to reset a Bitlocker password even if someone forgets in any circumstance. But there are only fewer users would know about the process of password changing or resetting and if you are one among those, then read this article and learn about the 3 ways to change Bitlocker Pin or Password that can help to understand all the important methods to change the password of a Bitlocker.
Steps to change or reset Bitlocker Pin or Password
Method 1# Change/Reset Bitlocker Pin or Password in Control Panel
· Go to the Start menu which is available at the bottom corner of the screen.
· Type Manage Bitlocker into the search and then press the Enter.
· Now Manage Bitlocker folder will open and then click on Change password.
· Enter the current password and then you have to enter a new password for your Bitlocker and then re-enter the same password to confirm.
· After that, click on the Change password tab.
Method 2# Change/Reset Bitlocker Pin or Password in File Explorer
· Press Win + E to open File Explorer.
· Now right-click on your computer’s OS drive or another drive which is encrypted with Bitlocker.
· Click on Change Bitlocker Pin.
· Now enter your old password into the given field and then enter the new password for Bitlocker and then re-enter it to confirm.
· Click on the Change Pin tab.
Method 3# Change/Reset Bitlocker Pin or Password in Command Prompt
· First of all, press the Win + R and A to open the Command Prompt as an Administrator.
· Type Manage-bde-chngepin C: into the Command Prompt box to change the Bitlocker pin.
· To change Bitlocker password, type Manage-bde-change password <driveletter>
· Enter the new pin or password of your choice and then confirm by re-entering it.
These above-listed steps can help to know how to reset Bitlocker password in a very simple manner and if you are still not able to know about this process or have any other kind of query, then contact the customer support team for relevant support.
Powered by Froala Editor